Landlord FAQ's

Looking to rent out your property? Why not call us on 01283 535818 and request a copy of our 'Landlords Guide to Property Management & Letting' The guide is designed to answer some of the frequently asked questions.

Should you require any further advice or a free property appraisal please do not hesitate to contact us.


An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) gives information on how to make your home more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required for every home that is marketed as either For Sale or To Let.

An EPC is carried out by a Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) and provides an energy efficiency rating for a property from 'A', the most energy efficient rating through to 'G', indicating the least energy efficient. The report also highlights how the building's carbon dioxide emissions impact on the building's environment.

SJ Property Services can arrange for your EPC to be conducted by a qualified DEA. Call our friendly team to discuss your individual requirements. EPC's are valid for 10 years so if you have purchased your property within this time period you may still have a valid document.

Example EPC document/image available via this link


Looking for a chartered surveyor in Staffordshire, Derbyshire or surrounding areas? SJ Property Services are pleased to introduce Goodwins Surveyors Limited who are members of the RCIS.

Goodwins Surveyors Limited specialise in residential properties, offering a full range of survey services, which you should always consider as part of your property purchase. 

"Local Agents with Local Knowledge"